Set on the eastern shore of Lake Niassa, Mozambique, Nkwichi Lodge has been carefully designed to blend in to the local scenery that surrounds it. Known as a halcyon paradise that is hidden on the pristine Mozambican shores of Lake Niassa/Malawi, Nkwichi Lodge offers a uniquely African experience to all those who visit, allowing you to take in the magnificent scenery in unparalleled tranquillity!
Situated around Africa’s third largest lake and surrounded by a pristine woodland shoreline that contains sheltered bays, remote sandy beaches and rocky pools, Nkwichi Lodge is sure to be the destination you’ve dreamed of.
Sound like the holiday of a lifetime? What’s more, Nkwichi Lodge want you to experience all that they have on offer when it comes to activities and entertainment, ensuring that whilst you are relaxing and unwinding you do have the choice to enjoy something a little more adventurous.
More of a land than a sea lover? Well, either way, on the land, the sea or under the stars there is certainly an adventure to be found for all members of your family or travelling party. Apart from the natural beauty of the architecture, Nkwichi Lodge have an abundance of Wildlife with a vast expanse of crystal cleat water and rock islands and quite frankly there is no place else to unleash your inquisitiveness and explore the surroundings.
What exactly can you expect at Nkwichi Lodge?
- Hikes can be arranged for every fitness level in the surrounding expanse of land
- Beautiful walks following the lake shore to the villages of Mala and Mbueca where you are welcomed by the communities with open arms, allowing you to learn more about their traditional way of life
- Lake Niassa and it’s multicoloured fish are waiting to be explored, enjoy snorkelling, paddle boarding, kayaking and windsurfing to your hearts content
- Arrange a half-day tour by boat or kayak with snorkelling stops scheduled along the way
- Fish from a boat or from the shore
- Enjoy a sunset cruise in a traditional dhow if you’re looking for something a little more on the romantic side
- Experience the magnificent starlit sky at night with sun downers and dinner at a spot of your choice
- Nkwichi Lodge’s star bed is the most exquisite experience on a deserted beach or a rock island, a Starbed is the most unique way to appreciate the surrounds and the silence of the wilderness – Picture it now, nestled on your own Starbed gazing up at the star filled sky with the distant sounds of the ocean or animals serenading you to sleep and in the morning, awaken with the most magnificent sunrise, jump in a canoe and travel to a picnic breakfast set out under a 2000 year old Baobab tree… it couldn’t get any better right?
If the Starbed is not necessarily for you, not to worry, when it comes to comfort and accommodation, Nkwichi Lodge goes above and beyond to ensure you are superbly taken care of and comfortable. Unique chalets are tucked away amongst the treeline, each one is exclusively designed and built using local materials that allow them to blend in to their natural surroundings. There is no doubt that you will experience complete luxury in the beautiful natural setting that is Lake Niassa.
What can you expect to find in your privately designed chalet?
- Uniquely hand-crafted furniture
- Complete privacy and intimacy
- Rock-pool baths that have been carved out of primordial boulder, and
- Mesmerising vistas of lake
Alongside the chalets, Nkwichi Lodge offer private houses that are specifically designed for families and or groups of people, offering sanctuary in a lavish setting! These magnificent houses come with the following:
- Their own private chef and Guest Services team
- Lake access and your very own private beach, and
- Fantastic views
We couldn’t think of anywhere more amazing to be right now than at Nkwichi Lodge. If you wish to book your stay with us, then visit our website today and enquire now!