June/July School Holidays are fast approaching and what better time to enjoy a family holiday.
With that being said, choosing a destination that is suitable for both you and the kids can be a bit tricky for a number of reasons. Firstly, it’s winter making outdoor activities or adventures slightly less appealing. Secondly, not all destinations are suitable for kids meaning you may risk spending your entire holiday hearing about how bored they are or how much they want to go home. Not ready to endure all of that? Not to worry, we’re here to help.
June/July in Mozambique is the perfect time to plan your family holiday. Although it is winter, Mozambique is quite a few degrees warmer than South Africa and is the dry season meaning less rain and more sunshine. Apart from that, Mozambique offers a number of phenomenal resorts, hotels and accommodation that is great for families, hosting an array of fun activities to keep the kids entertained whilst you relax a bit.
Ready to enjoy a nice relaxing holiday? Here are a few of our magnificent accommodation recommendations and packages available:
Machangulo Beach Lodge:
Overlooking endless white beaches Machangulo Beach Lodge is the perfect family holiday destination.
Family Villas at Machangulo Beach Lodge provide a great deal of flexibility and privacy for you and your loved ones. Each Villa features 2 private en-suite rooms that are joined together by one central room with the central area featuring a kitchen, lounge and dining room meaning you can spend some great quality time together when you’re not soaking up the sun or enjoying all the activities on offer to you. Alongside this each Villa features a pool, perfect for the kids to enjoy on a war winter’s day.
Furthermore, Machangulo Beach Lodge offers Beach Villas which consist of two rooms that are separated by wooden decks.
Activities at Machangulo Beach Lodge are endless and there’s something for everyone:
– Scuba Diving and Snorkelling are a must for the whole family
– Fishing is a treat for dad and sons and give the girls some time to go for a relaxing picnic on the beach
– Take some island tours as a family and experience the diverse culture that Mozambique has to offer
Castelo Do Mar:
Situated on the water’s edge of Linga-Linga, Castelo Do Mar boasts a warm Mozambican hospitality that ensures their guests enjoy a relaxing getaway – even with the kids around.
The Beach Front Deluxe rooms are perfect for your next family vacation, with 2 inter-leading rooms you can enjoy all the perks of a relaxing, romantic getaway whilst keeping an eye on the kids and letting them have some fun! Activities at Castelo Do Mar include:
– Dads can take the boys for some of the best fishing in Mozambique
– An extraordinary Diving experience is one for the whole family. Get a glimpse of life under water with sightings of Whale Sharks, Manta Rays, Turtles, Dolphins and the rare Humpback Whale.
– Water Tubing and Water Skiing is a must for the whole family! Plenty of fun and laughter to be had.
White Pearl Resort:
Situated in Ponta Mamoli, White Pearls Beach Resort is set in the dunes of the untouched shores of Southern Mozambique. White Pearls Beach Resort is surrounded by natural beauty that makes it the perfect holiday spot. Relax, unwind and rejuvenate in the pure elegance and simplicity that is White Pearls Resort.
With all this talk of elegance and rejuvenation you’re probably concerned that the kids may get a bit bored or potentially wreck the resort? Not to worry there are plenty of activities to keep them occupied both with and without you?
– Unique diving experiences are perfect for the whole family to enjoy on one of the world’s top pinnacle reefs.
– Ocean Safaris are great for everyone with snorkelling and dolphin interaction as an added bonus – a great semi-educational adventure for the kids
– Horse riding is great for exploring the surrounding area!
Are you ready to plan your mid-year family break? Visit our website today to fill in our online enquiry form and book your stay!