Serenity Lodge – Bilene
Serenity Lodge is located in Bilene previously known as Sao Martinho, Bilene is a peaceful holiday town 180km north of Maputo, The Bilene lagoon is a huge stretch of water, about 2km wide and 14km long, reaching depths of 50 metres. The shores are shallow and are ringed by beautiful white sandy beaches with rolling sand dunes and lush tropical vegetation. Across the Lagoon, about 8 kilometers away from Bilene, at the opposite and upper side of the lagoon lies the beautiful and tranquil village of Nhabanga.
Serenity Lodge can only be reached by 4×4 or similar high-clearance vehicle (transfers arranged)
Accommodation at Serenity Lodge
Serenity Lodge is situated on 1Ha of prime tourist real estate with a 100m beachfront. Shady trees and lush lawns complement the holiday atmosphere.Serenity Lodge has its our own borehole and all units are connected to the national Electricity grid.
All bedrooms have air-conditioning
1 x 6-Sleeper self catering house:
- 2 x en-suite bedrooms each with a double bed with mosquito net.
- 2 x single beds with mosquito nets in the living area.
- Fridge freezer and fully fitted kitchen.
- Television with DVD-player..bring lots of DVD’s!
- Own private Jacuzzi
3 x 4-Sleeper self catering units:
- 1 x En-suite bedroom with double bed and bunk bed
- Bunk beds can be separated and moved to the living area for more privacy
- Covered carport with each unit
- Fridge/freezer and fully fitted kitchen
- There is a communal fridge available to guests
- Our lodge has a beautiful swimming pool with rock waterfall for all the guests to enjoy
Activities near and at Serenity Lodge
- Bilene Lagoon offers perfect conditions for any water sport. You can even launch your boat right in front of the resort.
- Serenity Lodge offers safe swimming along the shallow shores.
- For mom and kids, there is also a beautiful swimming pool with a rock waterfall from where they can watch dad playing on the lagoon!
- Canoes are for hire and trips to the mouth by boat can be arranged
- There are scores of sand tracks that can be explored by quad bike or 4×4
- The Lagoon lends itself to water sports, so bring your boat or jet-ski. Swimming is safe due to the shallowness of the lagoon and the water is always warm. At the mouth you can do safe snorkeling and depending on the season you can see whales and turtles in the Ocean
The following activities can be booked at Serenity Lodge :
- Boat cruises
- Knee board