Casa Barry is situated on the southern tip of Tofo point, 22km from Inhambane, and covering an area of 13 acres, Casa Barry Lodge consists of charming thatched dwellings that blend in perfectly with its surrounding natural splendours. Christened “Home of the Manta Queen”, Casa Barry is a magical destination for the scuba dive enthusiast. Our famous manta rays and whale sharks are here all year round, along with other incredible marine life such as turtles and dolphins.
As Casa Barry Lodge is positioned right on Tofo’s main swimming beach, you can take a short stroll across the powdery sand, straight into the warm Mozambique water.
Activities availale at Casa Barry
- Scuba Diving
- Boat Trips
- Bird Watching
The following activities are near by Casa Barry
- Horse Riding
- Paddling – Canoeing
- Paddling – Sea Kayaking
- Whale Watching
- Ocean Safaris
- Mangrove Walks
Accommodation at Casa Barry
- Self Catering Chalets ; There are eight two-bedroom (four-sleeper) chalets and three three-bedroom (six-sleeper) chalets. Each chalet consists of a lounge, kitchen and bathroom with shower, toilet and basin and has a large veranda and separate braai facilities. All self-catering chalets have a lounge, kitchen, bathroom with shower and toilet, braai facilities and are located a mere 50 – 150 meters from the warm ocean’s edge!
- The Director’s Cottage is a large house consisting of five bedrooms and three bathrooms (12-sleeper) with 3 bathrooms and has one of the best views over Tofo Bay. A large veranda overlooking the ocean is ideal for large family/group socialising. this cottage has a kitchen and braai facilities,
- Self Catering Cabanas ( sleeps 4) with 2 bedrooms . Situated only between 50 and 100 meters from the sea water, you get to enjoy an unforgettable ocean sunset each night from the comfort of your own veranda these cabanas have lounge, kitchen, 2 Bathrooms: One with shower, toilet, basin, the other with separate toilet, veranda and braai facilities
- Self Catering Cabana ( sleeps 6) with 3 bedrooms also situated only between 50 and 100 meters from the sea water, you get to enjoy an unforgettable ocean sunset each night from the comfort of your own veranda these cabanas have lounge, kitchen, 2 Bathrooms: One with shower, toilet, basin, the other with separate toilet, veranda and braai facilities.
- Casitas ( not self catering- accommodation only) ideal for couples seeking a truly rustic experience. The bedroom is crafted out of reeds and has two beds and a basic bathroom with shower, toilet and basin. These chalets are serviced for your comfort. They do not have sea views but make up for it with their rustic charm. Comfortably nestled in the sea sand.
- Brick Casitas ( not self catering- accommodation only) one bedroom (two-sleeper) brick casitas available (one has a double bed, the other two single beds) with a basic bathroom with shower, toilet and basin. Although built with bricks, the sweeping grass roofs and rustic charm remind you that you are still in a tropical paradise