Blue Dolphin Resort
Blue Dolphin Resort is built and run by the owners. The resort is still in its infant stages and currently has a sports bar and a chalet.Situated at Praia de Xai-Xai (Beach of Xai-Xai) which is approximately 250km North of Maputo in Mozambique.
The Praia de Xai-Xai area is 10 km of relatively quiet unspoilt beaches. There are two natural lagoons that are major attractions for all. They are situated at either end of Praia de Xai-Xai and are formed by natural reef. We have some beautiful reef that runs right up to the beach in between the two lagoons with waves for the more adventurous.
Accommodation at Blue Dolphin Resort
- 1 x 6 sleeper self catering chalet : The chalet is large and spacious,with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a lounge and kitchen with a private patio overlooking the ocean. It also has a flat screen TV with EISAT TV. You are welcome to bring your own DSTV decoder and card.
- There are 6 single extra length beds in the chalet. The sleeping configuration is 2 beds per room. All bedrooms have ceiling fans, not air conditioners. All beds have mosquito nets. All bedding is supplied. 2 double sleeper couches available for use for extra persons.
- one bathroom is en-suite to the main bedroom and consists of a shower, toilet and basin. The other bathroom is shared by the remaining rooms and consists of a bath, shower, toilet and basin.
- The kitchen is set up for self-catering guests. With a two plate stove, fridge / freezer, deep freezer, crockery, cutlery, etc.
- A JetMaster charcoal braai is available for use.
Parking for 4×4 vehicles is available directly outside the chalet. Other vehicles park in the main car park at reception and have their goods carried up by our staff as it is a bit of a walk up the hill.
What to do at Blue Dolphin Resort
- Xai-Xai has amazing beaches.
- Walk safely for as long a you like – find your own private spot and enjoy the numerous relaxing rock-pools and lagoons or dare the crashing waves (please note there are no life guards or shark nets
- Whale Watching. The humpback whales come to our area every year between June and November. They can be clearly seen from the beach, but you can also arrange with a charter boat to go whale watching.
- Quad Bike Tours ( Please ask at reception where is permitted to ride)
- There are three markets in town. The main one has recently been revamped and is beautiful and quite an experience. The two smaller markets are more for the local shoppers, with mainly just the daily necessities for sale.
- The shops sell basic groceries.